Posted January 22, 2015
America’s Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity Starts with Exports
The Bakken Magazine: “Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.”
This is the dreaded phrase on the “Go to Jail Card” that you’ve likely drawn, or at least heard of, when playing the game of Monopoly. Drawing this card is an all-around bummer. You lose a chance at scooping up valuable property before others do, you don’t get to collect $200 that you might need to purchase property, and it increases the chance that you lose the game. But at least it’s just a game. Right?
Wrong. What many people probably don’t realize is that we’re in a real-life game similar to Monopoly, but this one is focused on the global oil market, not property. And, it just so happens that we’re stuck holding the “Do not pass Go” card.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1wpWaNx
More industry news:
- Blog: Improving Infrastructure Begins with Clear and Timely Permitting: http://exxonmobil.co/1yTC71s
- Community College to Create Fracking Degree Program: http://bit.ly/1Ewgzqq
- Study: Lifting U.S. Crude Export Ban Could Boost Production, Cut Gas Prices: http://reut.rs/1Jo4PqJ
- Oil Price Slide Doesn’t Change Need for Pipelines: http://bit.ly/1ExJhXX
- Pro-Fracking Supporters Claim Cuomo Stole Economic Opportunity: http://bit.ly/1L3Np6v
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.