Posted November 14, 2013
Congratulations America. You’re (Almost) Energy Independent
Politico Magazine (Daniel Yergin): For four decades, whenever the American political debate turned to energy, the discussion was all about shortage and scarcity, a reality that haunted the United States ever since the global oil crises of the 1970s.
That conversation is over.
And now the unconventional energy revolution—newly accessible supplies of shale gas and oil—is creating a new discourse on energy that is changing politics and policies. All of this represents what Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz calls a “new mentality” about America’s energy position, with a new political language to match.
Read more: http://politi.co/1j769RP
More industry news:
- Economist: LNG Exports Will Have Only Moderate Effect on U.S. Natural Gas Price: http://bit.ly/1bGPIZK
- Video: WPX Lays Out the Facts on Fracking: http://bit.ly/1bxgo14
- Bakken About to Join Million-Barrels-a-Day Club: http://on.wsj.com/17pX29A
- WVa to Announce New Ethane Cracker Plant: http://bit.ly/HSzK5V
- Ethanol Industry Takes Aim at AP Investigation: http://bit.ly/19ZpnaP
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.