Posted November 5, 2013
America’s Resurgence in Manufacturing Starts in the Shale Fields
Forbes: Our economy is straining at the bit to grow out of the Great Recession. You wouldn’t know that from the dreary news on both the jobs and GDP growth front. The good news is found in the incredible potential for high-paying jobs, growth and wealth creation bubbling up in America’s manufacturing sector.
Manufacturing is hot, even though we’re supposed to be in a post-industrial economy. The transformation in American manufacturing today is redolent of a century ago when innovation and growth in the industrial landscape was blossoming in both big companies and start-ups…
The dramatic growth in U.S. oil and gas production has not arisen from new discoveries or the opening of off-limits federal lands, but from new technologies and techniques that literally manufacture liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons from solid shale rock. Widely reported as “fracking” – hydraulic fracturing – the story is in fact one of deep industrial innovation, digital technologies and software. In other words, it is a secular shift in the industrial landscape.
Read more: http://onforb.es/1hgVN6i
More industry news:
- Poles Press Kerry on Natural Gas Exports: http://bit.ly/175wKJA
- When it Comes to Cutting GHG Emissions, U.S. Ranks Among the Best in the World: http://bloom.bg/HuCciu
- U.S. Shale Boom to Boost LPG Exports, Bring Down Prices: http://reut.rs/186kxnY
- One Million East Coast Residents Will Heat Their Homes with Marcellus Shale Natural Gas from West Virginia this Winter: http://bit.ly/1b5gSt0
- Editorial – Maxing Out on Ethanol: http://bit.ly/1dLk0g4
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.