Posted September 19, 2013
Eagle Ford Oil Expected to Surpass 1 Million Barrels Per Day Next Year
Fuel Fix Blog: SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Eagle Ford Shale oil production is expected to reach 1 million barrels per day next summer — and keep growing as operators add tens of thousands of more wells to the giant South Texas field.
“This is a huge oil producer,” said Subash Chandra, a managing director and at the investment banking firm Jefferies & Co. He spoke Wednesday to more than 4,000 people attending Hart Energy’s third annual DUG Eagle Ford Conference at the Convention Center.
More than 11,100 wells have been permitted in the Eagle Ford since 2008, but the research firm DrillingInfo estimates there are at least another 85,000 wells left to drill in the field.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1a7zh8l
More industry news:
- Thanks Fracking: North Dakota Incomes Continue To Grow Above National Average: http://bit.ly/16J0uyB
- Making the Case for U.S. Energy Exports: http://bit.ly/15G1K5z
- Two-Year Schools Help Fill Needs of Growing Natural Gas Industry: http://bit.ly/159h5rz
- Fracking May Not Be As Bad for the Climate as We Thought: http://wapo.st/16rlMNS
- AEA’s Pyle: Keystone XL Opponents Cling to An Empty Symbol: http://bit.ly/157ylD3
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.