Posted September 9, 2013
If California Gets Its Act Together on Fracking, An Economic Boom Awaits
Forbes: Alex Epstein -- I live in California, a state where our government is practically bankrupt, businesses are fleeing, and 1.6 million citizens are unemployed. To say the least, our state needs an economic breakthrough.
Fortunately, we are on the verge of one. The state that gave birth to Silicon Valley has the opportunity to become Energy Valley, thanks to a miraculous technology that turns stone into oil.
That technology is called shale oil technology. Governor Brown calls it “an opportunity we can’t miss” because it can single-handedly turn our economy around.
Read more: http://onforb.es/17LLAYn
More industry news:
- Fracking Can Co-Exist with Environmental Protection and Would Add Michigan Jobs: http://bit.ly/15QQTkH
- Natural Gas Is Fueling This Growing Economy: http://bit.ly/15emIIy
- Mike Jones: Energy and the Environment? Why Not Have Both? http://bit.ly/17RXezf
- Seismologist: Fracking Doesn’t Cause Earthquakes: http://bit.ly/17Rb2ro
- Fracking and the Poor: Natural Gas Boom May Be America’s Best Anti-Poverty Program: http://on.wsj.com/15KdmRg
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.