Posted February 29, 2012
For the state of Arizona, the oil and natural gas industry currently means:
- Nearly 86,000 total jobs provided or supported statewide – with an average salary of $54,052 for non-gas station oil and natural gas employees.
- $4 billion contributed to labor income.
- $7.6 billion contributed to the state’s economy.
With sensible energy development and sound tax policies, here’s what the oil and natural gas industry could mean to Arizona:
- 682 additional jobs created by 2015.
- 1,443 additional jobs by 2020.
Energy works in Arizona, with the men and women of the oil and natural gas industry playing a critical role in that state’s economy. See more, here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.