Jane Van Ryan
Posted May 20, 2009
Last week, I had the pleasure of hosting 15 bloggers on a conference call about the challenges of deepwater exploration and the impact of these projects on the U.S. economy.
The conversation featured Robert N. (Bobby) Ryan, Jr., vice president of global exploration for Chevron Global Upstream & Gas and also included API Chief Economist John Felmy and API Federal Relations Director Mark Kibbe.
Bloggers who participated in the call include:
- Alan Stewart Carl, Donklephant
- Bob McCarty, Bob McCarty Writes
- Brian Westenhaus, New Energy and Fuel
- Bruce McQuain, The QandO Blog
- Buster Cagney, The Oil Drum
- Chris Nelder, GetRealList
- David Murphy, The Oil Drum
- Devil's Advocate, Right Wing News
- Geoff Styles, Energy Outlook
- Jim Hoft, Gateway Pundit
- Joy McCann, Little Miss Attila
- Krystle, Bearing Drift and Crystal Clear Conservative
- Tony Eriksen, The Oil Drum
- Tim Hurst, Green Options
- Stephen Rhodes, The Republican Temple
For more information, I encourage you to listen to the audio recording of the call using the player below. You can also click here to read the full transcript.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jane Van Ryan was formerly senior communications manager and new media advisor at the American Petroleum Institute (API), where she wrote blog posts and produced podcasts and videos. Before coming to API, Jane managed communications for a large science and engineering corporation, and for a top-tier research and engineering university. A few years ago, you might have seen her in your living room when she delivered the news on television. Jane officially retired from API in 2011 and now freelances as an independent communications consultant when not gardening at her farm in Virginia.